November 7, 2023, State of Maine Referendum
We are accepting Absentee Ballot requests at this time. We will be receiving ballots the second week in October. You must request an Absentee Ballot by the close of business on Thursday, November 2nd.
If you are interested in receiving an Absentee Ballot, there are multiple ways to request one:
- Submit your request online
- Print and mail the request to the Town Office
- Call the Town Office during normal business hours
- In person
Register to Vote
The State of Maine allows residents to register to vote any time leading up to and including Election Day. Residents of Blue Hill may register to vote at the Town Office.
- To register, you must be a United States citizen, at least 17 years of age, and have established a fixed principal home in Maine.
- To vote in a Referendum or General Election, you must be registered in the community where you reside, and be at least 18 years of age. A 17 year old may vote in a Primary Election, if that person will be 18 by the General Election.
Proof of residency and identity needs to be provided at the time of registering. One form could be a Maine driver’s license that would show a physical street location. If your license displays a PO Box, you will need to also provide another document (school registration, utility bill, etc) that lists a physical address in Blue Hill.
If you are currently registered to vote and wish to change any information pertinent to your voting record, such as your name or address, contact the Town Office to update your registration.
Polling Dates & Hours
The State of Maine general and referendum elections are held annually on Tuesday following the first Monday in November. The primary election is held on the 2nd Tuesday of June of each general election year.
Regular polling hours are open at 8:00 am and close at 8:00 pm.
Any registered voter may request and cast an Absentee Ballot. Ballots may be requested online or when you contact the Town Office. Requests may be made three months before Election Day and up to the third business day prior to an election. Absentee Ballots are also available for pick-up at Town Office 30 days prior to an Election.
Absentee Ballots must be received by the Clerk prior to 8:00 p.m. on Election Day to be counted.
Additional Voter Information
(source: State of Maine Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions)